This fun full day tour will introduce you to the stunning region of North Wales and show you the highlights. From medieval castles & walled towns, to high mountain peaks dotted with sheep and farmsteads, to bustling market towns and lush green meadows, you’ll be hard pushed to find a tour which offers so much in one day!
Accompanied by a top level Welsh tour guide, your tour includes the following:
- Caernarfon Castle – 700 years old and still standing. This is a short photo stop taking in the exterior of this magnificent medieval castle where Prince Charles was famously invested Prince of Wales in 1969.
- Then on to the wonderful scenery of Snowdonia National Park, home to England and Wales’ highest mountain. Here you’ll learn about the tough life of a hill sheep farmer and how the Industrial Revolution changed everything in Wales. We stop for a photo stop at Llyn Ogwen Visitor Centre (llyn is the Welsh word for lake) with its waterfall and u-shaped valley.
- Our next stop is Ty Hyll or The Ugly House. Buy some home make cakes and other goodies and make your own mind up whether the legend relating to this quaint house is true and whether it really is beautiful or downright ugly!
- We stop for a photo in the historic village of Llanrwst with its ancient bridge and the pretty ivy-covered Ty Hunt i’r Bont cottage dating back to the 1400s located next to the bridge
- Our rest stop for lunch (not included) will be in the Conwy Valley
- After lunch we head for the medieval walled town and magnificent castle of Conwy. Our first stop will be at the Knight Shop where you can same locally made mead (made from honey) which was drank by the locals 800 years ago. You can also choose to take a short tour inside the castle, walk around the medieval walled town and harbour or just browse the eclectic mix of shops and cafes. Note: castle entry fee not included at around USD10 per person.
- Our final stop is at Llanfair PG (this is the short version) for a fun Welsh lesson as you try to say one of the longest names in the world with 59 characters! Final shopping stop to grab those souvenirs. There is also a knitting & crochet shop in the village here and pub so if you’d like to try a pint of beer with the locals. We then head back to Holyhead and your ship.
Just bring your sense of humour and fun!
This tour is suitable for those who don’t wish to walk far, but would still like to enjoy the best of North Wales.
This tour not recommended for young children.
Cost per adult: USD88.00 A minimum of 12 required to operate this tour. Smaller groups can be accommodated, but the cost will be higher and also note that unless you specifically book a private group, you may be joining with other passengers from your ship on this tour. Our coach sizes are 8, 16, 33, and 49.
Included in your tour:
- Coach or minibus with air conditioning depending on the size of the group
- Services of a Welsh tour guide for the day
- No entrance fees to castles or other attractions or lunch are included in this tour. It is a general highlights tour taking in the best of North Wales over a full day. If you would like a specific
tour such as an extended castle or historic house tour then we will be happy to provide this – please ask for details but it will be a private tour just for you so costs will be higher than this tour.
- The above tour can only be offered in full if your ship is in port long enough (which is usually arriving at 0800 and departing 1800 or later). If your ship arrives later or departs earlier , the tour can be shortened to ensure you are back at your ship on time, but rest assured you will still have a great North Wales experience.
- The usual size of our tours is between 12 and 25 but we do reserve the right to take other passengers up to 40 on a 49 seater coach. All vehicles will have a/c and a microphone for the guide (the 8 seater does not have a microphone but this is not deemed necessary for this size of group). On the 16 seater the guide will take up a single seat at the front as there is no specific guide seat on this size of vehicle.
More details on request or book via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Carole on 07582 093582 to discuss your needs.