This full day tour starts from your Cruise Terminal in Liverpool, with a drive through the heartland of the Beatles – the city of Liverpool to the tunnel under the majestic Mersey River – sung about by the Beatles, Jerry & the Pacemakers and many more back in the 1960s. As we travel along the Wirral Peninsula towards North Wales, we will pass through a former heart of the Industrial Revolution – Port Sunlight – famous not only for its soap but also for the village created by Lord & Lady Lever for their workers. The first trams were made here too and exported around the world. Our largest modern day industry makes the wings for the largest airliner in the world at the Airbus factory.
Reaching the A55 arterial route across North Wales, you’ll hear stories of the most secret site in all of WWII and what was made there and its connections to the USA. We also pass by the Victorian castellated mansion Bodelwyddan Castle along with its stunning neo gothic Marble Church, where we will stop for a break on our return.
Arriving in the 13th Century World Heritage Site of Conwy, built in 1283 by English warrior King Edward I to suppress the Welsh people and still standing almost 800 years later, we will get our first glimpse of magnificent medieval Conwy Castle and its medieval town walls. Following a tour of the castle there will be time to explore the small town, before we head back to Liverpool, via the Marble Church.
Price per person USD 110.00 or GBP 69.00 including:
- Fully air conditioned coach and driver
- Services of a top level Welsh Blue Badge Tour Guide
- Visit to the “Knight Shop” in Conwy to sample some authentic medieval Mead (a drink made from honey) and no it’s not 800 years old!
- Entrance cost and tour of the magnificent medieval Conwy Castle and short orientation tour of the town including the smalles house in Britain (pictured above in red)
- Tour of the Marble Church and beautifully maintained Canadian war graves
- Tea or coffee and tour at the stunning and very aptly named Marble Church or “Pearl of the Vale”
Note: A minimum of 12 passengers are required to run this tour. Small numbers can be accommodated at a higher cost so please contact me for prices. All tours will be operated in 16 or 33 seater coaches with your personal Welsh guide.